The medical team of Interventional Cardiology, supported by a paramedical team of nine technicians-nurses, offers a complete service of elective and emergency procedures (primary PTCA for myocardial revascularization in patients affected by infarction), 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As a result, Cardiocentro is one of the few Swiss centers to treat and monitor patients at any time, under any emergency circumstances.
Prof. Dr. med. Giovanni Pedrazzini
Prof. Dr. Marco Valgimigli
Dr. med. Marco Moccetti
Dr.ssa med. Elena Pasotti
Dr. med. Marco Araco
Dr. Elena Caporali
Dr.ssa med. Mariagrazia Rossi
Dr. Fulvio Bomio
Dr. Alessandro Del Bufalo
PD Dr. med. Daniel Sürder
Valves intervenctions are also performed (TAVI, MITRAclip).
With four state-of-the-art angiography systems, the new laboratories of cardiac catheterisation and electrophysiology are one of the most important haemodynamics structures in Switzerland.
Structure of the Catheterisation Laboratory
- 3 Cath Labs with Flat-Panel X-Ray Tube
- Hybrid Room
- IVUS (Intravascular Ultrasound) equipment in each Cath Lab
- Examinations and procedures
- Emergency coronary dilatation in case of acute myocardial infarction
- Closure of intracardiac defects (PFO, IAD, PDA)
- Myocardial biopsies
- Cardiac catheterisation
- Carotid stenting, PTA/renal artery and iliac-femoral axis stenting
- Aortic counterpulsation device
- Endoluminal Assist Device IMPELLA
- IVUS (intravascular ultrasound)
- FFR (fractional flow reserve) e FR (instant wave-free ratio)
- Recanalization of chronic coronary occlusions (CTO)
- Percutaneously aortic valve implantation (TAVI)